Rich Electronics has debuted the XPlorerBoard, a portable platform that allows Makers to easily plug in two Atmel-powered Arduino Micro boards (ATmega32u4 MCU) and eliminate loose parts with integrated components.
“The XPlorerBoard is specifically designed for portability and durability. We designed the whole board with through hole components because they do not pop off the board like surface mount components,” a Rich Electronics rep explained in a recent Kickstarter post.
“The back of the XPlorerBoard is covered with a protective anti-static material that also covers all the leads. All of this fits in an included binder with a pocket full of hookup wires to get you started.”
Key project components include:
- Two Arduino Micro sockets (all pins available in an easy to access header)
- 5 Volt and 3.3 Volt power supply with included AC adapter
- Two line by 16 character serial display with multicolored back light
- Arduino serial library 8 directional switches
- Piezo buzzer for sound
- Light sensitive photo resistor
- Resistor bank
- Red and green 10 segment LED bar graphs
- Bi-directional logic level converters
- Logic gates
- Two 10K ohm potentiometers (variable resistors)
- Extra large breadboard for additional components
- N-Channel Mosfet to control high current loads
- One Binder with parts pocket
- 100 jumper wires
Interested in learning more? You can check out the project’s official page here.